Create a partition or logical drive
You may create a partition or logical drive only on the unallocated part of a drive device, you may create several partitions on USB devices too.
Active@ Partition Manager can also create FAT32 partitions greater than 32GB which you cannot create using standard Windows tools.
To create a partition:
- To open the Create Partition dialog box, do one of the following:
- On a hard disk device, click an Unallocated area to select it and click Create.
- Right-click an Unallocated area and select New Partition in the context menu.
- At the top of the dialog box, select the partition type. It may be one of:
- Primary Partition
- Extended Partition
- Logical Drive in the extended partition
- In Partition geometry, do the following:
- To indicate the byte offset at which to start the partition, type the offset number in the Partition offset, sectors box.
- To indicate the size of the partition in megabytes, type the size in the Partition size in MB box. The maximum available size for this partition appears next to this box.
- In Drive Letter, do the following:
- To create an extended partition with no drive letter, click Do not assign drive letter.
- To assign a drive letter, click Assign the following drive letter and select a letter from the drop-down list.
- In Format Partition, do the following:
- To skip formatting this partition and create an extended partition, click Do not format this partition.
- To format this partition, click Format this partition with the following settings and set parameters for the format action.
- Click OK. A progress bar appears.
- After the process is complete, a Completed dialog box appears. Click OK.
The partition is created.